Many women might be interested in a surgical “mommy makeover.” Orange County women are often unsure of what this procedure actually entails and what their options are. The lack of information may discourage many women from investigating further. They would probably like to know more about what the procedures restore and improve. From there, women need only to choose treatments from a list of options to create their own customized “Mommy Makeover” surgical plan.
When you endure pregnancy, childbirth, and breast feeding, your body is subjected to tremendous stress and undergoes many changes to accommodate bringing a child into the world. It can be an emotionally transformative experience, but many women do not feel like themselves after their body changes that profoundly. After you have had your child or many children, the mommy makeover seeks to restore your body. If you have tried dieting or exercising and your body still hasn't bounced back, cosmetic surgery can help.
A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that are completed at the same time. Depending on what you would like to improve, you and your surgeon can discuss what procedures will successfully achieve your aesthetic goals.
- Breast augmentation helps you restore lost volume and shape after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Breast lift surgery can help lift and reposition breasts by removing excess skin.
- Breast reduction can restore the size of your breasts if they are too large after breastfeeding.
- Liposuction can get rid of excess fatty deposits that cannot be lost through natural means like diet and exercise.
- Abdominoplasty can remove excess skin and restore abdominal muscle tone lost during pregnancy and childbirth.
Each of these procedures offers a unique benefit to mothers. Through pregnancy and breastfeeding, breasts can naturally lose some of their volume and shape, and they can also have a tendency to sag lower on the chest. Occasionally, a woman may lose the natural shape of their breasts during pregnancy. Also, pregnancy stretches the abdominal skin and can result in increased weight gain in the abdominal area and other regions of the body.
The benefit to choosing a mommy makeover is that each procedure is done simultaneously. Even if you only choose two of these procedures, you will only go under general anesthesia once. While the downtime will be longer than with a single procedure, it can be beneficial to combine these procedures rather than complete each separately.